Wednesday 18 August 2010

Memories of Ramadhan

Asalaam Alaykum Muslimat and hello to all readers..

As a very young kid,I was fascinated with the idea of fasting, everyone would fast and seemed happy. So I insisted on fasting myself. My mother tried to convince me not to being very young and I was a thin girl who did not have much energy to cope with hunger and thirst for long time. However, I still did it and the month of fasting fall on summer which is very hot.I couldn't fast for the whole day though because I become too week LOL..

When I was studying abroad ramadhan fall on December, and we had to fast till around 3:30 - 4:00 pm, and I used to break my fast during lectures by having water only. I didn't feel I was fasting as days were short and spent at the university.

I only had the feeling of ramadhan when I used to go to the mosque to perform isha prayer and taraweeh when I could where I used to meet many sisters from different background. I still miss those days..

Do you have any special memories of ramadhan?

1 comment:

FONTY said...

hi, excuse me....
do you like typography?